Sherry’s Salmon Croquettes with a Kick!
- ½ cup coconut seasoned Panko crumbs
- ¼ cup Flour
- 1 14 oz canned Salmon (Pick out the bones, smash really well with a fork to blend in any unseen, remaining bones – they are full of calcium!)
- ½ t Garlic Powder
- ¼ t Sage
- 1 ½ t Old Bay Spice
- 3 shakes of Frank’s Red Hot Original sauce (I like the kick; I do 5 shakes)
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
- ¼ cup chopped Cilantro
- ½ small, minced onion
Do not add salt! Old Bay is loaded with salt. Wait until cooked and add at the end to your liking.
- Mix the panko crumbs and flour in a bowl.
- Mix all remaining ingredients into the flour/crumbs mix and keep smashing with a fork until well blended.
- Heat oil over high heat. Test with a drop of water. Now, lower to medium high heat for at least two minutes.
- Shape croquettes into 4 large or 8 small patties. Flatten slightly.
- Carefully add patties to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until deep golden brown, almost charred. (I grip a pan lid in my left hand, cover my face, and use it as a shield for any angry, popping grease, at the ready to cover each the pan each time I add a croquette.)
Drizzle with fresh lemon. Add another few splashes of Frank’s Hot and enjoy!
Serve with fresh salad and haricots verts or any other side dishes you may prefer.