Sherry’s Secret Ingredient Hummus
- 2 cups canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- ½ cup tahini (well stirred), with some of its oil
- 1 t cumin
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t Worcestershire
- 4 cloves sliced garlic, or to taste
- Juice of 1 ½ lemons, plus more as needed
- Salt (to your liking) and freshly ground black pepper
In this order, in food processor or high-powered blender:
Add tahini and lemon. Blend for 60 seconds.
Add cumin, garlic, Worcestershire, 1/8 cup olive oil. Blend for 30 seconds.
Add rinsed peas and blend for 2 minutes.
Finally, fold in 1 heaping tablespoon of sour cream. This adds another level of creaminess.
Swirl with olive oil. Top with parsley.
I use this same recipe for black bean dip, pinto bean dip.
The mixture will thicken after refrigeration, but, if you determine the mixture is too thick, cold water, 1 t at a time to thin.